Questions we’re wondering about this year:
1. Will more lumber traders discover benefits of practicing mindfulness as a tool to improve mental well-being with ever increasing, stress-inducing market volatility?
2. Will either U.S. or Canadian men’s soccer teams record satisfying results in the World Cup in Qatar this year?
3. Will the labour pool for truckers grow in North America?
4. Will the latest record-shattering lumber market run end differently this time?
5. Will contemporary democracy be deemed viable in America by the end of 2022?
6. Will Putin’s Russia invade Ukraine?
7. Will the Old Growth logging deferral be an unresolved issue for B.C. by the end of 2022?
8. Will pandemic woes be better or worse by end of 2022 in terms of impact on ‘normalizing’ our lives?
9. Will the early lockout of Major League Baseball mean no summer ball? Should we care?
10. How will the accelerated pace of digital transformation across every organization alter collaboration between remote workers and office workers in the lumber industry in 2022?
11. Will B.C.’s largest sawmill owners’ trend of expanding their investment in forestry operations south of the border increase unabated in 2022?
12. Will the longest reigning monarch in British history – Elizabeth II – be ruling over the British Commonwealth of Nations by the end of 2022?
13. Will year-end survey ascertain that most lumber traders are in compliance with Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommendation of at least 7 hours sleep per night that is required for maintaining well-being and healthy life?