Sales Types

Just when you thought all lumber traders were alike, a study involving 800 sales professionals has revealed there are eight different types. The Harvard Business Review (HBR) confirms the “best” three types of salespeople are Experts, Closers, and Consultants. The “rest” are Aggressors, Focusers, Narrators, Socializers, and Storytellers. A description for each type is available here.

HBR reports only the Experts, Closers, and Consultants – accounting for a mere 37% of salespeople – were found to be “consistently effective”. Moreover, the behaviours of the remaining 63% actually “drove down performance”. The good news? “The eight types represent behavioural tendencies; not set-in-stone personalities,” according to HBR. “Managers can effect changes in their current salespeople and recruit better salespeople in the future if they understand the eight types.”

cold-calling

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s