Here at Dakeryn, on these unseasonably warm West Coast days, you’d think they’d all be out sunning on our brand spanking new patio furniture. Seems most are out-of-sight indoors, working the phones. Even so, it got one blogger wondering about whether there are any design tips, beyond new deck chairs, to enhance an already-productive trading floor. Aha! Upon a quick search with Google, these five design tips for generating office productivity popped into full view:
- Natural Light – It’s suggested that traders will be “brighter and happier” when they feel connected with the outside world.
- Tidiness – While “clutter can promote creativity in some environments,” we’re told “it’s not always right for an office pushing productivity.”
- Comfort & Ergonomics – Calibrating your own work space “for comfort and accessibility” is said to be critical.
- Aesthetics – Studies have found that “beautiful spaces” elevate attitude and performance.
- Break Out Spaces – “If you work in an open-floor planned office that promotes a collaborative culture, it’s important to have a space where you can get away.. ‘Break out spaces’ can help improve staff morale and employee relationships. Communal areas are beneficial for all departments of a company.”
On a day like today, Dakeryn’s new ‘break out space’ is especially inviting during recess. When’s lunch?