On this New Year’s Eve, here are the Top Ten Questions that Harderblog will be watching in 2014, in search of answers:
- Is there a real shortage of fibre supply looming?
- Is B.C. doing enough to restore/replant forest that was degraded/destroyed by the Mountain Pine Beetle?
- Is the northern pipeline a relevant issue of interest to forestry in this province?
- Will Canadian Softwood lumber shipments to the United States be ‘duty-free’ for all twelve months in 2014?
- Is there a housing bubble developing in Canada?
- Will U.S. housing starts reach 1.25 million in 2014?
- What does the emerging Super Cycle mean to lumber distributors in North America?
- Who benefits from lumber and log exports to China?
- Is the gap likely to narrow between Lulongo’s income in 2014 and the average lumber trader’s income?
- Will West Fraser and Canfor ship enough wood to China in the New Year to renovate the Great Wall?
………. I invite your comments, suggestions, and input!
Vancouver’s Orpheum Theatre holds 2,780 people. This blog was viewed over 14,000 times in 2013. If it were a concert at The Orpheum, it would take about five sold-out performances for that many people to see it; the audiences would include people from 103 different countries. In 2013, there were 177 new posts, growing the total archive of Harderblog to 574 posts. There were 326 images uploaded, taking up a total of 719 MB. That’s about six pictures per week. The busiest day of the year was June 14th with 334 views. The most popular post that day was 33rd Annual BCWLA Lumberman of the Year Roast. Happy New Year!
(Hat Tip: WordPress.com)